SOE Hiring for EQNext Team

Written by Feldon on . Posted in EverQuest Next

From SOE’s Facebook page (as well as their EverQuest2 Facebook page):

EQ NEXT – help create the new chapter for the incredible EverQuest franchise, pushing design and technological boundaries to evolve the MMO genre. The Team is looking for a Senior AI Engineer, a Senior UI Engineer, a Senior Client Engineer and a Senior Tools Engineer. Join SOE as we forge a new world! http://corporate.station.sony.com/careers.vm

EQNext logo above is an artist’s conception and is NOT an official logo.

Tags:

Trackback from your site.

Comments (13)

• Necromancer

The need to look for a lead producer too, because no one wants smokejumper anywhere near EQ Next.

He’s done a horrible job since taking over EQ2.

• Isest

what happened to the current team, or do the just need additional folks. I though eqnext has been in the works for 2 years.

• kralus

They are probably getting close to alpha, would be my guess.

• Antonia Bayles bit on the side

I reckon EQ Next is actually years away and not remotely close to Alpha. I just don’t think its in SOE’s commercial interest to flood the market with another MMO, let alone one in the EverQuest franchise, especially in the current economic climate, and EQ2 being more popular now than it has been for many years. My best estimate, 2014 absolute earliest.

• kralus

You do realize they could be in alpha for years?

• Steve

Definitely could be in Alpha for years….

EQ2 has been in Beta for at least what….8-9 years?

• Eschia

“pushing design and technological boundaries to evolve the MMO genre”

Based on the screenshots we’ve already seen i guess FreeRealms cartoon graphics are supposed to be pushing the boundaries… Forget Crytech or anything of the same quality… lol

• Murfalad

I’m not really interested in EQNext if they cannot get the basic gameplay right in EQ2, namely the lower level gear revamp.

And I’m still waiting to be amazed by some screenshots, so far I’ve not seen anything that surpasses EQ2, if they cannot do better then EQ2 then perhaps they should just figure out how to rewrite that engine to use a graphics card efficiently.

• Artoisx

Oupsy, they realised they screwed Eq2 too quickly ;-)

• Betony

All of you above expert at everyting team players are applying, correct? )

• Murfalad

Nope, I just treat every new MMO with a big healthy dose of cynicism, I really cannot stand the hype games get before they’ve even released.

Maybe if people started judging games by what they actually did we’d get a few less WoW clones like Rift (and I expect swtor will be yet another clone).

• Aelore

I am excited for EQN and if it turns out to be a bad game oh well. Better to have that excitement for the years leading up than the alternative.

No screenshots have been released for EQN, only concept art. The closest thing we have right now are the screenshots of Planetside 2 since it uses the same engine. Even then who knows the tweaks they will do to the Light Forge engine before EQN is released.

• Froak

we have seen screenshots from fanfair click the eqnext link on the left pannel of eq2wire and you can find a few of them. mostly low rez tho. nothing that has amazed me, would like to get my hands on some high rez ones to scrutinize the fine details:p

games in general are so disappointing now as their only goal is the greatest short term profit with the smalled effort invested. and we’ve seen this is soe’s MO now through smed cash. the next big thing isnt going to be manufactured through a big wigs vision of what the players want.

- Name (required)
- Website (optional)
Please post your comments without flaming or insulting other players or personally attacking SOE employees. Comments from bogus e-mail addresses may be deleted. If you wish to have an Avatar picture, feel free to create an account on Gravatar.com. Once you sign up for a Gravatar account, then any Wordpress-powered blog you comment on will automagically show your avatar.

Powered by Warp Theme Framework